From:
Fred Flintstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 91 19:40:35 EST
	I was the game at the Garden, and although I was at the other
end of the arena, I was told by several people who watched the game about
the goal.
	From what they said, the NESN replay showes that the puck crossed
the goal line by a good six inches, at least. Then Kuntar grabbed the
puck and drew it back out again. (Not unlike the contraversial non-goal
in the Clarkson v. Dartmouth game at the end of the season.)
	From others at the arena, and those around me, I heard that
Kuntar had made the initial stop and then fell backwards bringing the
puck across the goal line before ref. Gallagher (sp ?) could whistle
it dead. They also said that the goal judge lit the lamp late and the
ref's view was blocked. If this so, the ref could have referred to the
linesman who may have had a better view [glad he didn't tho. 9-)]. I have
seen the ref ask the linesman for his oppinion once before...at the Clarkson
v. Dartmouth on the very same contraversial non-goal I mentioned above.

	Hope this helped...
						Ted Weiler
						Clarkson U. '94
						Clarkson Pep Band