Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 91 12:47:47 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:
> Jay Hersh writes:
> >Clarkson is the only ECAC team deserving of a bid. Has it
> >happened in the 12 team system that a conference only sends
> >one team to the finals?? IMHO ECAC should only have one and
> >HE should get 3.
> I strongly dissagree!  HE gets 3 and ECAC 1, that means that
> even with the Independent Bid the West gets 7 teams.  No way!
> Sorry.  The West may be strong, but they're not THAT strong.

The talk is that ECAC + HE = 5. So the ones definitely in
are Clarkson, Maine, BU, and BC.
The fifth spot will be difficult. Northeastern's prayers died
with their OT loss to Maine. Providence had a pretty strong
season, but their loss to BU at the Garden was unimpressive.
But even so, Providence might prove to be stronger than
either St. Lawrence or Harvard, and they might get the
nod. That's the talk that I picked up at Hockeyfest.

--
Josh Hartmann             |     ___   ___     | ``the imagination is like an
[log in to unmask]       |    |   | |   |    | engine that can work on many