Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 91 10:43:07 EST
I was sitting up in a corner behind the St. Lawrence goal. Kuntar initially
blocked the puck, but didn't control it, and it trickled beneath him. At least
part of the puck crossed the goal line, at which point the goal judge turned
on the red light. I couldn't see whether the entire puck crossed the line,
but it seems like the goal judge had the best view of anybody. Certainly
better than the irate Mr. Kuntar. (I was rooting for St. Lawrence too,
since I was so incensed that the Clarkson fan sitting next to me on Saturday
had made a bet that his team would beat Harvard by three or more goals. Hmmphh.)

By the way, the Boston Globe seems to think that Hockey East is a lock for
four teams in the NCAA playoffs (but then again PC has already lost
out on one NCAA playoff spot this week). I can't argue.  I watched both the
Hockey East and ECAC finals yesterday (my wife forced me to), and it was
really depressing how much better BU and Maine looked than Clarkson and SLU.
I wouldn't object if Hockey East sent five teams, and the ECAC just one.
(Of course I wanted the Big East to send eight teams to the basketball
tournament).

Tom Hancock