From:
Joel Kitay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joel Kitay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 1994 12:28:38 -0500
Tony Biscardi eloquently provided a blow-by-blow of the BU-PC fight last night.
All that was missing was comment from the fight doctor, Feride Pacheco.
(excuse me, that's Ferdie)

I was sitting about fifteen rows closer to the ice than Tony and from my
vantage point, it looked like the teams had been scrapping all night and a
fight was bound to happen.  My friend Dave Caruso, seated beside me, kept
noticing how PC's Gould was giving little checks and hits after the whistle
had blown and away from the puck all night.  Plus, on at least two occassions,
PC players took out McKersie in the crease. But I think Tony Biscardi hit it
on the head when he said that the fight was "something that just happened."
In fact, I wasn't even aware of it until after it started.

Did anyone else think they saw Dan Jansen, just for a moment, and not J.P.
McKerise, skating down the ice.  Sans that event, it was just another college
hockey fistcuffs without much to report.

As a senior watching my last game at Brown Arena, it did make it a memorable one.

--Joel Kitay
Sports Columnist, Daily Free Press