Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 91 12:05:39 EST
Here are the results from the CCHA tournament (held at Joe Louis Arena in
Detroit).

Semifinals:

  Lake Superior State 11, Western Michigan 4
  Michigan 4, Ferris State 2

Consolation:

  Western Michigan 2, Ferris State 1 (OT)

Finals:

  Lake Superior State 6, Michigan 5 (OT)

I watched most of the games on PASS (they didn't broadcast the consolation
game).  The announced attendance was 34,000+ for the two nights, although
it didn't look that full to me either night.

Lake State is an awesome team when they decide to play hockey.  Friday
night, they spotted Western two goals before they realized the game had
started.

They did it again on Saturday -- Michigan scored the first two goals
before Lake State got a wakeup call.  By the end of the second period,
Lake State was leading 5-3.  Unfortunately, they went back to sleep for
the third period, and Michigan tied it up to send the game into overtime.
The Lakers decided to play hockey again during OT and they kept most of
the play in the Michigan end with some amazing forechecking, which led to
the game-winning goal.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Lake State and Michigan will get NCAA
bids, but not Ferris State or Western Michigan.

--Mark