From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 91 11:06:55 EDT
Thanks for the schedule, Mike.  Much appreciated.

>Sat.  Oct. 26  Boston College (NLG) 8 pm
Wonder if this was picked to be the opener for the new rink.

>Sat.  Jan. 18  T.J. Vitkovice (Czech.) TBA
This team is also slated to appear in Maine's Dexter Classic.  I've
never heard of them.

Mike, it looks like you might have left out some "@"'s since your
posting has Clarkson hosting Princeton-Yale and Union-RPI twice (and
8 straight home games at the end of the year).  Or maybe those haven't
been decided yet.

>I didn't notice that the game times have been changed until I was typing
>this list up.  I guess the 7 pm start on Sat. allows the visiting team
>to leave for home earlier.

A good move.  Are they following Hockey East on this one? :-)

But seriously, the biggest problem with the 7 pm start time is that many
fans either still don't know that the game starts at 7, not 7:30, or else
they just can't make it in that early.  Also, starting that early means that
the game will almost always make the first edition of the papers, which is
good for publicity reasons.

>I was told by our AD that SLU had scheduled UNH for Thanksgiving, but
>opted for a tournament in Canada.  I guess that they'll get a few more
>games in without going over 34.

You mean 30, right, since ECAC non-Ivy teams have the 30 game limit?

Clarkson could also get away with scheduling one more game if they wanted,
since they are playing T.J. Vitkovice - a non-NCAA team - but they would have
to call that game an exhibition.  Actually they could declare the Concordia
game an exhibition if they wanted as well, but only one of the two, not both.

I find it very distressing that the reduction in the limit from 38 to 34
has forced many teams to go outside of DivI to schedule games.  This will
not make the committee's job any easier.

- mike