From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 91 10:29:00 CST
From the Minnesota Daily, 1/3/91:

   The Gopher hockey team will host a four-team tournament at the St. Paul
Civic Center over the holidays next December, according to Gopher coach
Doug Woog.
   Minnesota will play host to the Annual Capitol City Classic on December
20-21 at the Civic Center.  Boston College, Providence, and Bowling Green
will also compete in the tournament.
   The tournament will be sponsored in part by the St. Paul Chamber of
Commerce and will be included in all Gopher season ticket packages.  Pairings
won't be announced until later in the year.  "This is something we've been
working on for a few years," Woog said.  "We were finally able to get it
together."
   The Gophers have been on the road at other schools' tournaments three of
the past four seasons.

*** later in the article ***

   Ticket sales for the WCHA Championships and the NCAA Final Four, both at
the Civic Center, continue to be brisk.  Over 5,000 tickets remain at the
Bierman Building.

Erik J. Biever                           --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota                     --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
Home of the 1991 NCAA Championship     --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM