From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 13:07:34 EST
I never expected this series to be an easy walk to the semifinals for
Brown. I knew that Princeton had a capable team, and that Brown had
been somewhat inconsistent in the last couple of weeks of the regular
season. What surprised me was the extent to which Princeton dominated
Brown from the middle of the second period on. Playing at home, in
front of a relatively small but very spportive crowd, the Bears were
able to muster only four shots on net in the third period, while the
Tigers took twelve shots, forechecked and backchecked with authority,
and displayed tremendous confidence.

I was up until the wee hours of the morning, talking with several
players' parents and other loyal Brown supporters at a Brown Hockey
Association party turned into an unexpected post-mortem. Despite all
the beer and wine we consumed, no one was able to figure out what went
wrong, or worse yet, to come up with a feasible solution to Brown's
woes. We'll see what the Bears can do tonight, but it doesn't look good
for a return trip to Lake Placid. Oh, well, I guess I'll save about
$300. Maybe I'll throw myself a birthday party instead. :-)

LET'S GO BROWN!
Luiz F. Valente
Born March 16, in the second half
  of the 20th. century