From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 10:08:19 -0700
Sean Pickett correctly points out that Adam Oates played only three years
at RPI.  I believe he left with one year of eligib left, but am not sure.
At any rate, the alummni magazine has made a big point, in the past, when
writing articles about him, that he did come back in the summers, take
classes and finish his degree, much to his credit IMHO.  With the $$$ out
there, a lot of atheletes take 'em and never look back.  Oates apparently
remains somewhat connected (and grateful?) to RPI for getting his career
on track after what I believe was a rather unfruitful experience in the
Canadian junior leagues.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64

2 pts tonite does it!