Sender:
From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 1994 17:08:55 -0500
* Warning *  Major flame coming up!  * Warning *

Hit the "D" button if you don't want to read a major criticism and slam now.

Going to a game at BC has become an experience in hypocracy/cluelessness.

Ignoring problems in the past with tickets ("Oh, sure, you're right behind
them."  <if right behind means a section over and 10 rows up!>), there is
one note that is just very annoying.

At the last BU/BC hockey game, BU fans began to outshout the BC fans.
The BC band's response was to play over and over again during play.  O.K., this
was illegal, but not horrible.  If it was not illegal, I would not have cared.
And besides, there is a certain issue of pride at stake when being out-shouted
in your own rink by opposing fans.

Last night, however, the BC ushers showed their hypocritical colors.

A BU fan brought a cow bell (horrors!) and played it after every BU goal and
during other breaks in the action.  (Can you believe the audacity!)  He did not
play when the BC band was playing or when action on the ice was going on.
It soon became obvious that BU was making more noise and celebrating louder
than the BC fans at a game that was being broadcast on NESN and Prime Network.

The ushers responded by threatening to kick him out if he played the cow-bell
after a BU goal again.  Nice attitude.  If he had been playing during the
action or trying to mess up the BC band, I could see, but he was conducting
himself better than the BC band had.

It's a shame because most of the BC crowd was nice, but the attitudes of those
in charge (ushers and band) stunk.  Face it, BC was outnumbered at home.  It
happens, especially when a school like BC loses for two straight seasons.  BU
is not perfect, but I would hope that we would show more class than that when
other schools come to BU.

Otherwise, I did enjoy the game greatly.  I have been to Providence, UNH,
Maine (where fans have given me the most trouble, but the officials are
unbiased), Northeastern, Harvard, Dartmouth, Vermont, Brown, and many Phinal
Phours and Playoffs.  BC continues to have one of the nicest rinks run by some
of the most annoying people.

Now that I've run out of lighter fluid, I will cease my flame.

Thank you all in advance for not torching me back.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre

* The story above was written by me and none of the opinions or complaints in
any way reflect the views of the position of Ogre, Austin Prep, teachers in
general, BU in general, Merrimack College Radio :-), the Biscardi clan, aliens
from pluto, or the Society for the Rights of Small Insects. :-)