Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1993 07:40:00 PST
Geoff Horvath writes...

>    No Minnesota fans?  I had a hard time noticing, since every Michigan
fan
>was conversely cheering for Minnesota.  I entered the arena with the
distinct
>determination to cheer for Michigan because I am a CCHA fan, but when I was
>hit
>with taunts and abuse from Michigan fans taking pleasure in insulting me
>because my team was losing, I quickly changed my tune, and began jumping
>around
>and pumping my fists every time Wisconsin scored.  Sure, sure, two
wrongs...

More like two thousand wrongs, Geoff.  Michigan State fans have always
cheered for Michigan's opponent (most notably when the Wolverines play the
Badgers) and in recent years the UM fans have been singing the same tune.
 This has been going back and forth long before you or I were on the scene,
I'm sure.

I'm not happy that you were taunted, but I'm not surprised.  However, it
should be noted that (although obviously not in your section) the majority
of the UM contingent (I'm estimating 60%) WERE rooting for MSU over
Minnesota.  I can guarantee that the percentage was MUCH higher when
Michigan State played Wisconsin.  :-)

If you really want adverse conditions, try wearing maize and blue at Munn.
 :-)

  John H
  U Mich