Sender:
From:
Harvey Blumenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 10:02:30 -0500
I just had to respond to the claim that Vermont was crying because of the
tactics used by Princeton vs. the French Connection (St. Louis and Perrin)
and lack of calls by. the Officials.

As a Vermont fan, I can honestly say that this year there has been a lot of
clutching and grabbing but their also has been a lot of diving.  How is a
ref to call a penalty when many times it is just a dive?  Many start players
should receive academy awards.

The series between Princeton and UVM was clean compared to Princeton's 2 - 0
victory in the regular season two weeks before.  That was horrible hockey.
It was a blatant mugging.  I could not understand how Melanson could leave
with his head held up high.  It was disgraceful.

Can someone explain why at all levels, the refs put their whistles away in
the third period?  The other day, Paul Stewartshocked the world when he
called a penalty on Buffalo with 4 minutes to go in the game.  The Buffalo
players took a fit and the Canadiens scored.  If it is a penalty, call it.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Harvey B
"GO CATS GO"  There is the NCAA's!
GO Clarkson, win the tournament