Sender:
From:
Tom Fortier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 1994 22:24:34 -0500
Well, everyone, I just finished hearing the game on the radio, and as you now
know, Northeastern pulled off the mild upset by beating BU 3-1.  Although I
don't have any game stats, I know that the game was decided by the end of the
first period, as the Huskies held a 2-1 advantage after the first twenty
minutes.  Two quick goals by the Huskies in the early going was all that they
needed.  BU scored one, and that was it for the night for the Terriers.  An
empty netter with two seconds left accounted for the final margin.

Just one quick comment...  BU totally dominated the game, especially in the
third period.  They controlled the puck in the NU zone for the vast majority
of the final period, as the Huskies could barely muster anything in the BU
end.  However, the Terriers just couldn't finish it off, with many rushes
ending with a scramble in front of the crease followed by a covered or cleared
puck.  Without trying to sound biased here, the better team tonight did not
win.  However, I am concerned about the rut that BU seems to be in this early
in the season, no matter what their past record is at the beginnig of the
season.

I guess we'll just have to see if the Terriers can fire it a couple of notches
tomorrow night and put it together at both ends of the ice.

Just my reflections and frustrations...

Tom Fortier
BU '97
GO TERRIERS!!!