From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 91 18:42:37 -0500
>Yes, Ferris State is good enough.  There are several tough teams in the CCHA
>this year, and Ferris State finished a solid third behind Lake Superior
                                        ^^^^^
(I wouldn't say 'solid'. They sorta backed in when WMU got swept by LSSU.)

>State and Michigan.  Though they are not favored to win the CCHA playoffs,
>look for Ferris State to receive its first-ever NCAA bid.  (The predictions
>came for the Minnesota Daily, the student newspaper at the University of
>Minnesota).

Whoa, there! FSU is by no means a lock. According to my records, they have
only the 13th best winning percentage and they have one of the easiest
schedules around. Their schedule is even easier than St. Lawrence's, who
has the 14th best WIN%.

I consider Ferris State, St. Larry & North Dakota to be close calls to get
into the tourney. They better win their semi-final game to improve their
case for getting a bid.

Keith
(And, yes, that does mean that the CCHA may only get 2 teams this year)