From:
Steve Twombly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Twombly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 1994 10:22:51 -0500
> This has also been true in hockey east.  Maine's dominance has slipped, and
> BU has been strong, but they
> have been beaten... by Lowell and UNH, I think.  The rest of the league
> is bunched up, with Providence, UNH, Lowell, and Boston College all
> pretty close.  Now that the games Maine forfeited have gone to
> Providence, they have swapped places.  The only team really out of it at
> this point is Merrimack, who has only beaten BU once in HE play, and
> Maine NEVER.

Just a minor clarification.  BC is not bunched up with UNH, Lowell, UNH,
or Providence.  Not even close.  Standings as of 2/14/93

1.  BU             26 Points
2.  Mass-Lowell    24 Points
3.  Northeastern   21 Points
4.  Providence     20 Points
5.  UNH            15 Points
    Maine          15 Points
7.  Merrimack      12 Points
8.  Boston College 11 Points

As you can see...if you say Merrimack is out of it, then BC must be too.
They do have one game in hand, but that would only put them one up on
Merrimack, and they do have to win that one game in hand just to do that.

Steve