From:
Jim Baines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 91 12:23:24 EST
I can't believe it.
I've seen Northeastern play.  I've seen Boston College play.
I just can't believe it.

The Northeastern upset over BC is great news in the eyes of Maine fans.
First of all, this give the Black Bears a clear shot at the #1 ranking
in the East in the NCAA tourney.  It also gives Maine a chance to play
an easier team in the Hockey East semis (I don't care what the score was
last night; BC is better than NU), if they make it.

But most importantly, the upset will give the Maine team something to
think about.  Maine will look at Lowell a bit more seriously when the
time comes for THEIR Hockey East quarterfinal game.  Lowell has already
beaten Maine this year in the Alfond Arena, so you better bet than
Maine will be ready for them!

I never thought I'd say this, but...WAY TO GO HUSKIES!!!!
|Jim Baines, a.k.a. "Sportscaster",  BITNET: IO60312@MAINE           |
|"Fill the Steins to Dear Old Maine..."  GO BLACK BEARS!!!           |