Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 91 14:32:14 EST
Ok folks, here is how I see the Hockey East playoffs going down.  Please,
no flames if I lose one or two games (all games, let 'em rip).

BC vs Northeastern.  Tough matchup to call.  NU gave BC a run for the money in
two games this year (A 5-3 loss at Boston Garden in the Beanpot, and a 10-8
loss later in the year).  A lot will depend on Tom Cole in net for NU.  If
he can stand on his head and if his forwards can pop a few in, BC might have
a problem.  BC could also be looking past NU just like they almost looked past
Merrimack last year.  At any rate, I think the HEM line of Heinze-Emma-McGinnis
will work their magic and Scott LaGrand will show why he's considered one of
the best in the country.  BC 6 NU 4

Maine vs Lowell.  Lowell has beaten Maine once this year up in Orono, so this
one is tough to call.  Still I think Jean-Yves Roy and Martin Robattile will
be too much for the Lowell defense, and even if Mark Richards can stop a T-72
tank, I think Maine will still win.  This could be interesting, but I think
Maine will win easily.  UM 7 UL 3

BU vs Merrimack.  My Warriors are probably the only safe call in the HE
Merrimack doesn't have the flat out speed to keep up with BU's forwards.  BU's
forwards seem to check in the neutral ice area better than the Warriors.  The
BU passing is better, and Scott Cashman and Bradley are two of the best this
year in the nets.  Therefore, I can't see the Warriors winning this one.
Hopefully BU feels the same way.  Last year in a game, MC came out and scored
4 goals in 10 minutes, and lost in the last minute of regulation 5-4.  I'm
not counting on that tomorrow night.  BU 8 MC 2.  The Merrimack goals will come
from Agostino Casale and Dan Gravelle.

Providence vs. UNH.  Most would give the nod to Providence.  I'm not a gambling
man.  They were 1-1-1 vs each other this year, and finished with 10-9-2 records
in Hockey East.  With this being the case, you'd make a good case for a close
game.  However, I saw Merrimack play both this year, and think that UNH has
just a tiny bit more speed, and good goaltending.  My call is UNH to win in
OT.  UNH 5 PC 4

In the semis, BC vs UNH will be an easy win for BC.  BC will not look past
UNH, and will score big.  BC 6 UNH 1

BU vs. Maine in the semis will probably be the closest game of the semis.
Maine will come out trying to score, but Cashman will shut them down.  BU
will get a couple early, Maine will get down, and BU will pull it out.
BU 3 Maine 2.

Final: BC vs BU.  In a rematch of the Beanpot final.  We saw this matchup at
Boston Garden last month in the Beanpot.  BC lost big to BU 8-4 if my memory
serves me right.  Don't look for this to happen again.  BU has the offense to
do it, but I think BC's defense will show up for this one, and BU will be
shut down for a while.
BC 5 BU 2

There you have them.  Hopefully I'll be right on all games.  Then again, if
Merrimack wins it all, I welcome all flames to this message.

GOOD LUCK WARRIORS!!!!!

Kevin

E-mail MIGHT reach me at:

"You can still Rock in America"  - Night Ranger