From:
William Sangrey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Sangrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 1994 12:06:00 -0600
After getting my little dose of College hockey via Prime last night with
the BU 6/BC 2 game, I had a question for the list which does not concern
ushers or seating.  Can someone tell me who Kelly was that the rink in
the Conte forum was named for?  And why does the rink have a different
name from the building it is in?  Is this another way to get $ out of
Alums?
For the game itself, I can see why BU is thought of so highly.  THey
seem to shut the Eagles down.  It makes think a bit more about how bad
Cornell was to lose to both teams.  (Of course each of these teams has
more wins in Ithaca than the Red this year).
Lastly,  the comment about defenseman scoring 4 goals in one game (sorry
I forgot who wrote that and I deleted the message already, oops!).
Peter Shire scored 4 goals on defense in 1978 against Northeastern for
Cornell, so I would imagine that the 4 goal record mentioned has been
tied a few times.   Shire for those of you who dont remember, was a big
defenseman with a cannon shot that sometimes hit the net.  He did have a
huge windup for his shot, so everyone knew when it was coming (a Western
Union Telegraph special).

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'94
Let's Go RED!!!

A little bird on my shoulder says that the note on 4 goals was posted by
Pam Sweeney (my sister-in-law.  Big ooops! ;-)