From:
Wade Felde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1993 20:45:48 -0400
     A quick introduction:  my name is Connie Felde and I
have been a passive participant of Hockey-L since April.  I
reside in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.  I have had
Gopher season hockey tickets for the seven previous seasons.
This year we decided to use the money to buy a house
instead.   Previously, I had been at UMD fan for six seasons
(by the way Brett Hull never played in a NCAA final four).

     At any rate I have been prompted to write by some
articles in recent issues of Sports Illustrated.  I realize
many of you do not bother with this magazine since it gives
no coverage to college hockey.  However, it has had some
stories lately that may be of interest.
     In the November 8 issue, there was an article in the
Scorecard section about the Cal Ingraham situation.  I will
not bother to give the details as it was covered much better
on the Hockey-L.
     In the November 22 issue, there is an article in the
Sports People section about "The Ferraro Brothers".  It is
really nothing that dedicated fans of college hockey do not
know.  It was just surprising to see the coverage.

     In the December 6 issue, there is an extended story "A
Cruel Blow".  It is the story of an Italian hockey player,
Jim Boni, whom slashed another player, Miran Schrott, and
killed him.  Now Boni faces manslaughter charges.  I will
not go into details as it is a fairly long article, however
it raises some very interesting topics.  I think any hockey
fan will be outraged by the whole situation.

     Hope I did not waste too much bandwidth.  It has been
very informative reading the Hockey-L.

                                   Connie Felde