From:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1993 08:51:53 U
 RE>Israel over Tracy
It was my understanding that Harvard's coach, Ron Tommasoni, used both Isreal
and Tracy on rotation pretty much all season long.  The goalies themselves
usually didn't know until 24 hours before the Friday night game who was going
to start in net for the Crimson.  I'm sure Coach Tommasoni has kept his plans
under wrap so any post-game analyses on why he started one goalie vs. the other
would be purely second-guessing.  Harvard has been fortunate to have two
outstanding freshman goaltenders this year.

A little story on Tripp Tracy:  Tripp and Cornell's Mike Sancimino (#18) played
together when they were high school students in Michigan.  Since they entered
college hockey, Mike's dad has posted a "bounty" on Tripp, so to speak.  Any
time Mike scored against Tripp, Mike could collect a bounty from his dad.  Just
so that you folks don't take it the wrong way, let me make it perfectly clear
that this was all done because of the friendship between the two players and
the traditional rivalry between Cornell and Harvard, with a good sense of
humor.  In any case, Mike didn't get to collect this year, as Harvard started
Aaron Isreal against Cornell in both games this year.  True to form, Tripp and
Aaron did not know who would play against the Big Red (Friday night game) until
they got on the bus.  Mike, of course, did not dress for the Cornell -Harvard
game because he was ill from mono.

Go ECAC in NCAA!!!
Tom Y. Tseng
Cornell '87