Date:
Tue, 12 May 1992 14:49:38 EDT
Here's a silly rumor for those of you left on the list to ponder.
I've received several phone calls in the last few days from people
asking me if I've heard that the NCAA hockey tournament next year
will return to first-round campus sites -- but only schools whose
rinks hold at least 6,000 will be eligible to host.  Therefore,
Northern Michigan could be ranked No. 1 all season long, win the WCHA
regular season and playoffs and have to travel to Minnesota (for
example) because Mariucci Arena has a larger capacity than Lakeview
Arena.  Where does this stuff come from?

Justin Doherty
Asst. SID, NMU