From:
Kenny Zalewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 90 03:03:03 EST
Concerning why Yale's Ingalls Rink is called "The Yale Whale"...

I've been to Ingalls rink quite a few times, as I played there when I
was playing AHAUS hockey, at about the age of ten or so.  I also come
from North Haven, which is only minutes away from Yale in New Haven.
Now, I don't know of any story behind the rink, but I believe that it
is called the Yale Whale because the roof design makes the rink, from
the outside, look like a huge whale.  Well, actually, like one whale with
two "tails".  Sort of a symmetric whale, I guess.  Can someone back
me up on this?  Or am I totally wrong?

---
Kenny Zalewski
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 65 13th Street, 1st floor, Troy, NY, 12180
[log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]