From:
aj scheetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1992 08:41:24 EDT
So what happened at the end of the game that so upset the Badgers?  I
find it hard to beleive that a hand pass or high stick pass (I couldn't
really see it that well) would have caused Wisconsin to loss their cool.
Also, isn't it an automatic goal if a player throws his stick during a
break-away on an open net?  As for the game, it looked to be a typical
Laker style game after the first period.  I was actually surprised that
Wisconsin let the Lakers carry the puck over the blue line.  I've seen
the Lakers opt for endless dump-n-chases against Michigan and MSU, but
last night they actually gained the blue line and set up plays.  After
the begining of the second period I thought that the Lakers were clearly
the best team.  I don't have the final stats but I beleive that shots on
goal will back me up on this.  The Lakers had over thirty and I don't
think that Wisconson mustered more that 25.  As for the penelties, I'm
sure that there will be endless discussions about who got the worst of
it, but the fact remains that The Lakers are one of the best penelty
killing teams in the nation and they don't have such a great power play.
At least two of Wisconsins goals came on the power play and I think
only one for the Lakers.  Frankly I think that the refs should let the
guys play, especially in a national championship game.  If they don't
then the game starts to look a lot like basketball.  All in all I think
that it was an exciting game, though not as exciting as last years, and
there is another national championship for Lake State!  Way to go
Lakers.
aj
LSSC 1988 and 1992 National Champs!