Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1992 15:46:56 EST
Could some of the (few) people who saw the first games tell me about the condit
ion of the players in the third period.  In each of the games, the losing team
had had at least two weeks between games (more for AA and BU).  Does anyone fee
l from watching those games that the teams might have been hurt by the layoff,
especially since each winner played last weekend at least once.
     Speaking of attendence, I do not understand if the NCAA is concerned with
money they went to the regional format.  I know that from a fans point of view,
 a hockey game infront of a full house is more fun, and certainly more lucritiv
e than playing in a big empty building.  Last year, when I was among the few hu
ndred Cornellians to trek to Yost in Ann Arbor for the first round series, we h
ad very lively crowds, and the attendence for that one series outdrew the first
 two days of the regionals combined.  Extrapolate that to three other first rou
nd series (even those in "small" rinks) and more people would see the games.
     Another comment I heard today on ESPN concerning the Women's basketball to
urney holding regionals at campus sites (of one team involved).  When asked if
this was an unfair advantage, the commentator (I forget her name) said that the
re was some advantage, but that for the good of the sport (which lacks a huge f
an base) it was important to play infront of full houses rather than play in a
big regional building.  Interesting insight, I wonder why we can not apply it t
o Hockey?  (Probably because it makes sense.)
    Mike, thanks for the indepth write-ups of the games from Providence.  Being
 centrally isolated in Ithaca it is almost as good as being there.
    Lastly, I am sorry to hear that our western friends had to put up with the
officiating of the ECAC's Gallager.  Why he is still officiating is beyond me.
If the best teams from each league are in the tourney, why not the best officia
ls?  He is by no means our best.  As is the case with really good officials, Ic
an not even remeber the guys name, but our league does have a few good ones.

 William Sangrey
 Cornell '87 & '9?
 Let's Go RED!
 Go Saints!