From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Feb 1992 22:44:18 EST
Whoa baby! Get out the brooms; it's a sweep.  The final score from tonight's
contest was OSU 8 Lake Superior (Inferior) 2.  OSU had a 6-0 lead going into
the third period getting two scores in the second after spotting themselves a
4-goal lead in the first.  This was a wild one and featured many things I
have never seen before.  I don't have a final count, but I believe that LSSU
pulled their goalie over 6 or 7 times.  I have never seen two empty net goals
scored 10 minutes apart.  I have never seen a coach pull his goalie facing a
6-goal deficit.  I have never seen a goalie pulled with over 17 minutes
remaining in a period.  I have never seen a trainer be ejected from a hockey
game or any member of a team's staff flip off an opposing rink.  Details
tomorrow.

BTW, I found out through the grapevine at the game that Darrin Madeley has a
groin pull and that wasa why he was not started in either game.  That makes
more  sense than just resting him.  Also, at a store across from the ice rink
that sells OSU clothing and other stuff with OSU plastered all over it, they
had a sign outside declaring today "Dave Smith Day" and a "Let's Go Hockey
Bucks" message.  I guess not everyone hates my namesake.  He extended his
scoring streak to 21 games tonight.  On to UIC; we're on your tail Falcons!

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95