From:
The Ugly One <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1992 22:23:00 EST
Merrimack secured a last place finish in Hockey East tonight by a 5-2
loss to the UNH Wildcats.  Merrimack played well in the final two periods,
but played lousy in the first.  The first period, they allowed three goals,
including one with one second left, that just took a lot out of Merrimack.

I think the officiating was pretty bad.  Frank Cole was the ref tonight.  He
didn't call some things that should have been penalties, and with 2:00 minutes
left, was out of position to make a call on a shot by Teal Fowler, that
several people, myself and my friend included said "It crossed the line!".
At that time it would have made the game 4-3 UNH.  As it was, it didn't go
our way.

With Merrimack's last place finish in HE, they have assured themselves of a
first round playoff visit to Maine.  This should assure themselves of a quick
exit, but stranger things have happened.

Merrimack takes on BU tomorrow night to close out the regular season at BU.
Here's hoping they can at least win that one.  It would be nice to go up to
Orono on a one game winning streak rather than a 3 game losing streak.

Kevin

e-mail MIGHT reach me at:

"Second best IS second rate!!!"  -me

P.S. This was the last Merrimack home game of my stay in college.  I must
say, it wasn't always pretty, but it was always fun!  College hockey, the only
game to watch!