Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:57:57 EST
In a message dated 3/18/01 2:47:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> >C'mon, what about the Maine, BC 2nd round matchup?  Was that
> >unavoidable, too?

Well, I *can* find an excuse around that one.  As John Whelan notes, this is
a second round match-up.  Maine would have to win against Minnesota first,
but it *does* set up the potential for a packed-house game (BC and Maine
obviously know each other well).  If you swap locales for the #5 seeds, BC
could end up playing Providence. Same problem.  You *could* push to make BC
the second seed, I guess.  Bottom line - better potential for a big draw in
Worcester, should Maine defeat Minnesota.  There won't be a lot of east-east
matchups in this tournament, with the way things played out

> >also, pitting the #2 vs #3 WCHA teams against one another makes far
> >less sense than not pairing the LAST wcha team against another WCHA
> >team

Have to give you that one.  What makes even less sense to me (know that I've
looked at this thing a little closer) is that there are more WCHA teams
playing in the east regional than there are in the west.

Todd
http://members.aol.com/todnielson/creasemonkey.html