From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 90 22:25:31 CST
>       Referees Medo Martinello and Brian Ricci have been dropped from the
 WCHA.
>                                                              ...  Medo has
 been
>  a thorn in Gopher fans' sides for a long, long time ...
>      ...                He was thought to be the WORST ref in our league based
>  on pure incompetence and no guts. There are many people very glad to see him
>  banished from our league. The ULTIMATE INSULT to a bad ref lately has been
 the
>   cry of: "WE WANT MEDO!!")

Medo has long been a favorite target for Wisconsin fans too. I remember
one game (a long time ago) when he totally screwed things up (I don't
remember the details) and the fans began a long, loud chant of

	Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The "Meee" is on a high pitch, the "do" (rhymes with dough) is a lower pitch.

I think he was probably let go because for the last couple of seasons,
in addition to his usually charm, Medo has been *slow* on the ice...

I don't remember anything about Ricci.

	--david

--------
david parter					[log in to unmask]
university of wisconsin -- madison		computer sciences department