From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 06:42:30 -0700
On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, DWollstadt wrote:

> Merrimack defeated Boston University 5-4 to become the first eight-seed to
> upset the No. 1 seed in a three-game series in the Hockey East tournament. The
> Warriors further demonstrated the top-to-bottom strength of Hockey East, as
> they were the third team to upset a higher seed in the first round of the
> tournament this year.

Just call me chief critiquer of the subject lines: Merrimack thoroughly
deserved thier series win over BU by hustling and doing what it took to
get the wins.  Ron Anderson and the team should be proud of their
acheivement but I wouldn't go so far as to say they "thrashed" BU.  That
aside I wish them luck at the Fleece Centre.  It would be great for Ron
Anderson to get an NC$$ berth as a result of winning the title.  I'll be
cheering them on from a distance.  An additional wrinkle, of course, is
that my second favourite team is whoever is playing BC :-)

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! GO GOLDEN BEARS!!!