From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1992 14:02:30 EST
Chris Craig writes:
>There were a few people asking for women's hockey news recently, so, courtesy
>of The Boston Globe, here are the current division 1 and 3 standings.  And,
>like Andria Hunter a few weeks ago, I'll try to head off this question before
>anybody asks -- Yes, Cammi Granato is Tony's brother.
                                              ^^^^^^^
Sorry, I can't resist -- isn't this some kind of Title IX violation?
:-) :-)

And as for the latest from the immortal (immaterial?) Bob:  My wife is the
director of an after-school child care program for a local elementary
school, and I can tell you that the majority of the children she deals with
whine less and display far better judgment than Mr. Croce does in that
article.  You gotta love his line of reasoning:  TCHCR doesn't agree with my
poll, therefore TCHCR must have serious flaws.  Oh, it doesn't?  Well, never
mind, the whole issue is trivial anyway.  Nyaah, nyaah.

I have to wonder what on earth possessed the _Times Union_ to run an article
so full of pointless comments and veiled insults -- even if it was labeled
an opinion piece, which I hope to God it was.  This is the kind of thing I'd
expect to see in maybe _The National Enquirer_, not in a respected paper
like the _Times Union_, and certainly not from a good (I've been told)
sports journalist like Bob Croce.  Although this one does make his last
piece on TCHCR look like Pulitzer material...

And yet, although I am one of those "disturbed people" who has a computer
password (actually, I must be a real padded-cell candidate, 'cause I've got
SEVERAL!  Watch out, Bob, I also have an AX! :-), I somehow don't feel
insulted.  Empty barrels sure make a lot of noise, don't they?
--
Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and probably '94        |  [log in to unmask]