Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 17:29:19 -0600
Well, I agree that DeBus hasn't been as sharp as I would have liked, he
isn't the problem, either.  I think this Gopher team has talent, but let's
face it; they're young and lack depth.  Given that, they don't have any
margin for error.  Between the mistakes they make and the unlucky breaks
they've been getting, they are going to lose no matter who the goalie is.

They ought to tighten things up as the season goes on, and the bounces HAVE
to start going their way eventually.  Eventually, crazy ricochets are going
to go in the other guys' net and they'll have goals waved off.  I have to
believe that, or I'll just go nuts.  By the time things shape up, it may be
too late to salvage the season (barring a WCHA tourney win), but the
Gophers should be in good shape for next year.

Now, having spent two paragraphs saying why Zac is wrong, I'm going to
agree with him.  Playing Willy Marvin and/or Erik Day may not be the
solution, but it couldn't hurt, either.  As long as we're not going
anywhere, why not take advantage of the only depth this team has?

J. Michael Neal