Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 90 16:48:12 EST
 As Erik has stated, the U of M band plays the Gopher Fight songs. There are
 five or six different ones and all of them have words! One "different" thing
 the band does is that at the end of the second intermission, right before the
 Gophers take to the ice, the band starts playing the shark music from "Jaws"
 and then as soon as the Gophers hit the ice the Rouser is started. It gives
 our Rouser a great build-up.

 As a side note, when I was in Detroit in 1987(?) for the final four, the
 Michigan State band played the shark music from "Jaws" and at the end of the
 song (?) the band screamed (It might have been the crowd also.) as if being
 attacked. We (U of M fans) thought that that was hilarious.  No other crowd
 has done this that I know of.  Any other comments???   --Carol White
   U of M
 GO Gophers!!!