From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 12:03:09 -0500
> Goals by Period:        Shots by Period:       Saves by Period:
>      1  2  3  T               1   2   3   T          1   2   3   T
> SLU  0  1  1  2         SLU  10   9   8  27    SLU  12  14  10  36
> UNH  2  2  3  7         UNH  14  16  13  43    INH  10   8   7  25
>
> (The shots on goal and saves appear misleading ... if what the
> announcers for SLU said, the shots in the game were basically even
> (by their count) and something really screwy was going on with
> the official scorer;))

There was something funky going on with the saves last night.  Larochelle's
saves were announced at 5 in the first and 9 in the second, but Larochelle
looked to have 4 or 5 saves on the SLU power play at the end of the first
alone.  The people around me were also commenting that the save count seemed
VERY low.  The only thing we reasoned was that SLU was hitting some major
league posts in the game and perhaps what we were seeing as "saves" actually
were not.

On another note, SLU couldn't buy a goal last night.  UNH's Larochelle was a
black hole for pucks most of night and when he wasn't, he had this force field
thing going that just didn't allow them in the net.  I'm just happy that he
was wearing a UNH jersey!  He was unreal....

  \_  \_  \_     Howard M. Quimby                [log in to unmask]
  \_\_\_  \_     Natural Intelligence, Inc.      Tel (617) 876-7680 x1208
  \_ \__  \_     Cambridge, MA                   Fax (617) 492-7425