From:
Bryan Kamrath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bryan Kamrath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 17:39:09 -0600
        Woog also mentioned the forming of a Big Ten (five) conference,
but in a much different light.  He thinks that once the WCHA lightens up
on the conference scheduling a little bit and allows for more
non-conference games, that the Big Ten schools should use these games to
play each other.  A separate set of standings would be kept between the
five Big ten schools, and the conference champion probably gets a nice
shiny new banner to mount in their rafters.  I realize that this is only
a possibility that depends on conference scheduling, and there are quite
a few logistics to be worked out but I think it is a neat idea.  Although
the odds of this becoming a reality are close to nil.
        On a side note, there were a lot of rumors floating around that
Ohio State might join the College Hockey Showcase within the next few
years . . . any body else heard anything on that?

Go Gophers!!
Bryan Kamrath U of MN '98

            Screw Gopher Football, the hockey season has started!!!
         My web address is http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/g427/kamr0004