From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 04:37:19 EST
-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> Mike Noeth refereed in the NHL for 15 years and was ranked
> at the top in the show, and Ammian works the AHL.  These
> guys are the top officials in the country - are you
> watching the right guys????

Can't believe I'm defending Luiz ... :)
   but,
    I have to agree, those are the two worst.  I don't care how many
years Noeth was in the NHL -- did you ever wonder why he isn't anymore?

   And, Kurt's pleas aside -- I have umpired a lot of baseball games in
my life, and I can't stand people who blame officials for things -- and
I try not to harp on officiating -- but the bottom line is, when I'm
criticizing officials, I'm NOT blaming them for losses, I'm just
pointing out the bad ones.
    Now, in college hockey, I think people should be more understanding
--- think about it -- if these guys were really good, they would be
here (for the most part).  College will get a lower-caliber official -
in general - when compared to NHL/IHL.
    That being said, there are refs that are brutal, not because of
honest mistakes, but because of styles that are completely haphazzard,
or because of attitudes they bring to the game.

   My take on Noeth is, here's a big shot who thinks he's hot stuff
because he once reffed in the NHL -- but to my understanding, was
booted from there.
   In the two ref system, he is constantly trying to show who's boss
and makes a mockery of things.

   So please don't throw out how many years Noeth was in the NHL, or
that Tim McGonaghy reffed as a scab in the NHL -- read between the
lines -- and realize that it is exactly BECAUSE of this, that gives
further evidence to how poor they are.

   I don't bash refs, and most of them are adequate or better -- but
these guys are bad -- AGAIN, not because they miss calls, but because
of the way they call games.

AW