Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 90 00:15:26 EDT
While on the subject of Pep Bands: As an undergrad, I was in the
Bowdoin Precision Drinking Band, which was not really known for its
musical ability.  The band usually consisted of a few people who could
play instruments and the rest who joined the band on their kazoo
ability.

One game (against Norwich?) the crowd was not getting into
the game so we were playing almost constantly -- which we figured
would get people cheering so they wouldn't have to hear us play. :-)
Although we always tried to stop when play resumed (as per
regulations), some of our songs ended after the puck had been dropped.

The opposing coach must have complained because we received a warning
from the officials.  After that, we didn't play our instruments, but
instead, waited for the puck to drop and began *singing* the songs.
Because of the number of non-musicians, our "singing" was just as loud
as our playing!  Furthermore, the crowd actually woke up because of
this, and Bowdoin ended up with a W.

  -- Pete

P.S.  Three (two?) blind mice was a favorite.

--

                                              +-------+
Peter J. Kester                               |        \
                                              | /
Now that UVa has had a #1 football, soccer and|+
basketball team, why not start a hockey team? | \