From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 18:56:19 -0500
I can't believe I'm helping this stupid thread along, but...

A Cornellian mentioned that he'd never seen a fish thrown AT a player.  Speaking as a Cornell fan, I can assure everybody that the fish thrown in the past few Harvard games were hurled directly at the Crimson players, and many of them were right on target..  Splat!  Ick.

OK, OK, I'll even opine about this: at Lynah newspapers are thrown on the ice after the lineups, and of course there's the pungent piscatorial panache of fish and fowl.  Again as a Cornell fan, I think anyone throwing anything on the playing surface should be thrown out of the building -- literally, if possible.  The point is not delay or player safety, although those are legitimate concerns.

The point is that it's just an incredibly juvenile, rude, and stupid thing to do, and I'm embarrassed whenever my otherwise intelligent classmates do it.

Greg R. Berge
Let's Go Red!
Sweep the Snot!