From:
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 23:01:25 -0400
Honestly, I enjoyed the Beanpot semis at the Fleet far more than
I thought I would. I only expected 13-14,000 fans, but the place
was nearly packed.

As noted in previous posts, five Harvard players were injured in a
two-car collision on Sunday night. Captain Brad Konik (neck stiffness)
and senior defenseman Peter MacLaughlin (facial lacerations) did not
play against Northeastern in last night's Beanpot semi -- nor did
senior Tom Holmes (charley horse) or Geb Marrett (groin). Senior
Kirk Nielsen played despite a separated shoulder, and Mike Bent
played his first game in several weeks after a series of unrelated
injuries (most recently, a twisted ankle). TV viewers might want
to keep that in mind before judging the Crimson based on what was
not a very good performance. Tripp Tracy was in fine form, however,
and he and Mike Veisor at the other end kept things  close
until Northeastern's third goal at 3:07 of the third.

As for the second game, I thought it was pretty entertaining. Goalies
Greg Taylor and Tom Noble put on a good show and there was
much heavy hitting. Neither offense was really on track, but the
crowd seemed to enjoy the proceedings -- much louder than the Bruins/
Red Wings game I attended earlier this year. There were also more
fans hanging around for the duration of the second game than last
year, especially in the Harvard section.

Geoff Howell
Drop the Puck Magazine