From:
Phil Ritzenthaler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 90 14:44:11 EDT
On Oct 23,  2:19pm, [log in to unmask] wrote:
} Subject: Minnesota vs. Notre Dame
}  Tonight the Gophers will play Notre Dame in a nonconference game. Here are
}  some excerpts from an article in the Minnesota Daily written by Dan Lien.
}
}
}       Notre Dame, a Division I independent team, is rumoured to be re-joining
}  the WCHA after a nine year absence. In 1981, the school dropped out of the
}  league when the school dumped hockey as a varsity sport. The school
 reinstated
}
}-- End of excerpt from [log in to unmask]

WHOA!!!!!  AS far back as I can remember (I started at BGSU in 1971), ND was a
member of the CCHA, NOT the WCHA!

I used to love going to South Bend and watching the play in -------------
(what the heck was that anyway??).  It was sort of a combination hockey rink,
recreation center.  Anyone from ND refresh my memory??

Loved to watch little BG beat BIG ND . . . Then one of their admins decided
hockey wasn't earning it's way.  I was there for the last BG/ND game.  There
was some pretty bad press I read about that Priest (local press in Soutn Bend)
and his cancellation of a program . . .

If they came back into the CCHA, WELCOME BACK!!!!

--
Phil Ritzenthaler  The Advanced Computing Center for the Arts & Design (ACCAD)
Systems Manager    The Ohio State University