From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 13:46:03 -0700
on Friday evening at 11:00PM Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
> On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, Arthur Berman wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, Mike Machnik wrote:
> >
> > > With all of the new tourneys that have been popping up in recent years, is
> > > it going to be much longer before we see the four major DivI Catholic
> > > schools meet for the "Vatican Cup"? :-) (BC, Notre Dame, Merrimack,
> > > Providence)
> >
> > If this happens I hope Tom Lehrer comes out of retirement to sing the
> > national anthem :-)
>
> Amen.

I can't imagine Dr. Lehrer singing the anthem.  Encouraging him to again
perform his more appropriate pep song for the Vatican would certainly
be more in keeping with the purpose of the event.  Perhaps he could
also be imposed upon to attend the beanpot and regale those fans with
his Harvard pep song.  That would also be appropriate.  He would then
have the honor of participating in two major sporting events during
the same season.  Not too many others can point to a similar honor.

Who could have predicted the Professor of Mathematics had the foresight
to develop a song appropriate for an event over 30 years in the
future?  This must rate as comparable to Author Jules Verne's
predictions on space travel.

charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369