From:
Ross Bracco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 05:08:32 PST
>double shorthanded goals?

Absolutely!  I recall the greatest goal in the history of the hockey
universe!  It was the "Big Al" Kuumu double-shorthanded breakaway goal!
(at least I think it was 3 on 5...)

Al was something like 6'4"/220, a big defenseman; RPI was
facing Army at Tate Rink, 1990/91, and had gotten themselves into
this 3 on 5 situation. (quite unusual for my fleet footed Engineers!   :-) )

The engineers are in a defensive "shell," or whatever you call it, all
of a sudden ... you've got to understand ... here comes ... big ...
Al ... lumbering

up

the ... ice ...

it felt like it took a day and a half for the man (labored with jovian
inertia!) to get there ...

and ... then ... he .... shoooots.

and it goes ... in ... the ... net!

fantastic!

I don't really remember anything much more than that (lugging around
a sousaphone must induce some sort of synaptic aphasia!), RPI went on
to win by about 7-3, and the goal was not of huge consequence, but it
was a fun memory ... :-)

ross
rpi '91
p.s. OK maybe not *the* greatest goal in history, but still pretty good.
p.p.s. "G-O-A-L - GO - AL - GOAL!"