From:
Nathan Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 22:02:49 -0400
Well BG looked good tonight.  They seemed to come out flat, which can be
attributed to only having practiced for the last four days.  The Falcons
pulled out 2-0, and really broke it open in the second with a furious
burst of scores that reminded me of last years team.

I was in the lobby about half an hour before the gates opened.  Some of
Western Ontario's player were looking over the photos of the BG players
when one remarked that Chad Ackerman looked like Cris Farley.  Their head
coach was in the lobby a few minutes latter and I talked to him a little
bit.  He said that he figured it was going to be a long night.  I was
polite and mentioned some of the positive things that had been said about
his team in the papers.  He shook his head and gave me the quote of the
day when he said: "We'll be a nice snack for them tonight."

Savard looked fairly good tonight.  A little nervous  at times but he
seemed to adjust and get more comfortable after the first period.  BG's
defense did a decent job of keeping the puck away from him.  But I will
still feel better once Bob Petrie gets back into the crease.

Chad Ackerman looks like he will continue his solid play from late last
season.  He played well and had one goal.

Dan Price made his first goal also.

The Falcons Jersey's looked....nice.  A distinct break with the past.

Nathan W.L. Boyle
BGSU-7, UWO-3