From:
Patrick Bracco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Bracco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 12:57:38 EST
This is a corrected version of a post from a couple of weeks age.  Thanks to all
of those who corrected any errors or who supplied any additional info.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The New Jersey Devils, I believe, are the first team having more U.S. born
players(12) than Canadian born players to win the Stanley Cup.  This also
indicates that there are many former college players(13) on the Devils. I have
listed, to the best of my knowledge, these players, their birthplaces, and the
schools where they played.  I believe that this speaks well of the caliber of
college hockey.

Player                  Birthplace                      College
=====================   =========================       =====================
Neal Broten             Minneapolis, MN                 Minnesota
Jim Dowd                Brick, NJ                       Lake Superior State
Brian Rolston           Flint, MI                       Lake Superior State
Danton Cole             Pontiac, MI                     Michigan State
Chris Terreri           Providence, RI                  Providence
Shawn Chambers          Sterling Heights, MI            Alaska-Fairbanks
Mike Peluso             Pengilly, MN                    Alaska-Anchorage
Chris McAlpine          Roseville, MN                   Minnesota
Kevin Dean              Madison, WI                     New Hampshire
Tom Chorske             Minneapolis, MN                 Minnesota
Bill Guerin             Wilbraham, MA                   Boston College
Bob Carpenter           Beverly, MA                     did not play college
Randy McKay             Montreal, Que.                  Michigan Tech
Bruce Driver            Toronto, Ont.                   Wisconsin

Patrick Bracco