From:
Paul Varnum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Varnum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 13:18:18 -0400
Saul Morgenstern wrote:

>On an irrelevant note, Sean's note had Massachusetts and
>Minnesota as the only two states fielding Div. I hockey teams
>from more than one state campus.  I had always thought that
>Michigan, Michigan State and Lake Superior State were part of the
>same state university system.  Am I wrong?  If so, would someone
>who knows better explain it to me?  (Why is it an irrelevant note
>- you ask?  Because all three schools have such different names,
>even if I am right and they are in the same system, they do not
>present the UMass/UMinn confusion issue.)

Michigan, Michigan State, Lake Superior State, Western Michigan, Ferris
State, Northern Michigan, and Michigan Tech are all State Universities in
Michigan that field Division I hockey programs.  At one time I even heard
that Michigan-Dearborn was considering Div. I but that was just rumor as far
as I know.

Paul Varnum, [log in to unmask]                LSSU class of '86
MIS Department                           LSSU NCAA CHAMPS '88,'92,'94
New Creations, Inc.                      GO LAKERS!!!!
3939 International Gateway
Columbus, OH  43219
614-237-2057 (voice)