From:
Rick Feldhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Feldhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 17:17:23 EDT
Associate Professor of Biochemistry
Phone: (502)852-5752; Fax: (502)852-6222
Just signing back on after being away for 10 days and saw that same note Pam
referred to. My recollection was that the restricted earnings limit was
$16,000 and no supplementation was allowed. I heard Pitino (KY B'ball coach)
blast the rule this past yr because he was losing the person in this position
who was doing a great job; and, it was NC$$ illegal for him to even use
private money he earned (shoe contracts, speaking fees) to supplement the
salary. At Minn, I think they got around Butters' salary by making him Asst
Rink Mgr and amounted to a legal loophole around the NC$$ idiocy. Fascinating
that it took the NC$$ only 24 hrs to rescind the rule when it was found to be
illegal in the courtroom. How come it didn't have to wait for the Nat'l mtg
where the rulers make the rules for the rulees?

Freedom of inquiry, freedom of discussion, and freedom of
teaching - without these a university cannot exist. RM Hutchins