From:
jeff gehrke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jeff gehrke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:24:27 -0500
I have not seen this posted as yet, if it has, my apologies!
In this week's issue of Sports Illustrated (April 10), there is an "Inside
College Hockey" article on page 99 featuring BU's Chris O'Sullivan, The
"Frozen Four" championships (I like that nickname!) and the BU/Maine
rivalry. In fact, the main emphasis was on the rivalry, even comparing it to
Duke/N. Carolina in basketball or Michigan/Ohio St. in football.  Very
interesting reading, especially for me who doesn't get the chance to read
much about "Eastern" hockey except on this list.
Unfortunately, there was only one paragraph about the Maine/Michigan
semi-final game (in fact, more like one sentence!).  But at least they found
some space for covering college hockey.
Also, on page 24 is a picture of BU's Chris Drury and a paragraph about his
and Maine's Brad Purdie days as baseball Little League'ers.

Jeff Gehrke             E-mail [log in to unmask]
Univ of Wisc-Madison
School of Business
608/265-3579