From:
David Weinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Weinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 15:30:52 -0500
Now that the season is over I wanted to post part of an article I found a
few weeks ago.

Taken from UHouston
Mr. Mac: From hockey coach to president
by Fran Dressman

One little known, fact but more unusal, facts about the early years of UH
is the school's Ice Hockey Team, begun in its junior college days. The
team went undefeated in its 1933-34 season, even beating Rice, one of
UH's regular opponents.  The games were played at Polar Wave Ice
Company's Ice Rink on McGowen Avenue.

That team was coached by C.F. McElhinney,...

end quoted material

I guess the talk about expanding college hockey to the South isn't that
new afterall.

David