From:
Nathan S Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 16:09:29 -0400
This is in regards to all the  recent talk about hockey in Indiana...
--I am suprised that no on else has posted anything in regards to Culver
Military Academy in Culver, Indiana; the home of Cornfield Hockey. Culver has
been said to be one of the best if not the best high school/prep hockey
programs in the country. Look at the past couple of years entry draft lists
and I am *Positive* you will see three or more Culver Academy players having
been drafted. I am not exactly sure how many of those kids are playing in D I
but they are out there. I believe Culver has two ice rinks and I know they have
two varsity teams, A (independant) and B (either Michiganor Chicago league)
plus they have two JV teams.
--I think it was two or three years back when Culver went to a Pepsi ?? Tourney
in Minn.and got laughed at but to everyones surprise they won the tourney and
left "10,000 fans speechless". THat may have even been thier B team, I am not
sure. I have seen Culver play a couple fo times, this past Thanksgiving I saw
them beat the Cleveland North Coast Barons, a Junior B team who made a national
championship appearance, very handily by a score of like 10-2 or something. Now
before everyone laughs and says, oh a Jr. B team, Jr hockey is really the game
of choice in that area where as prep-school hockey is the choice in Mass., etc.
----Bottom line there is GREAT hockey in Indiana----
NathanBennett
St. Bonaventure Univ. next season

More about the School can be found by calling them, They are listed in dir.
assistance. I can find the exact statistics for anyone interested but it
     might take awhile.