From:
"Chad M. King" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chad M. King
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 18:02:16 EST
ESPN managed to spoil my day twice today!  But thanks to Dan Shermahorn, I'm

not quite as mad as I might be otherwise.   I can't believe that they showed

that stupid tennis match!  Were it the finals at Wimbledon, that would be one

thing, but it was a boring, dull match.  I've waited all week to see us play

Michigan and I was very upset.

Then, to make matters worse, ESPN showed us golf while Maine won the game.

I was in the Bear's Den, one of the campus eatery's, and ESPN was showing the

first round of some stupid golf tournament during the intermission.  A girl

with head phones stood and started cheering.  she started screaming, we won, we

won!  OF course we eventually believed her, and had to wait almost 20 mins for

ESPN to show us the end we had already heard.

This is a great travesty!  Not once, but twice, we missed parts of the game!

ESPN didn't even acknowledge when they showed the ending that it was on a 15

min tape play.  they acted as though nothing had happened.

Too bad the National Final is going to only be on ESPN.  I'd rather watch FOX

show it.  At least we'd get to see the whole thing!

Chad M. King

GO BLUE!