From:
"Teresco, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1991 16:05:00 EDT
I'll have to dig out the information from last spring's papers to be sure, but
I think the rule applies to Division III schools which have moved one program
up to Division I. It was put into effect after schools like Clarkson and St.
Lawrence entered the league, so the new rules do not apply to them.

From this week's Schenectady Gazette:
	"The only drawback to the hockey team's Division I status is that it
can't have a Division I practice schedule. Because all of Union's other sports
are classified as Division III, the Dutchmen are two weeks behind the other
Division I hockey programs. That gives Union just a little over two weeks to
prepare for its season opener against Merrimack Nov. 1 at Achilles Rink.
	"Delventhal knows it's a problem. 'But it's not a major stumbling
block,' he said. 'It's only going to be a problem for those first couple of
weeks. Everybody catches up anyway."